Never Never Never Give Up

This blog is not going to be about useful tips or fancy quotes from great personalities. It is going to be about a simple thing that I experienced at my office.

One of my colleagues is a plant lover and he has these beautiful money plants in fancy wine bottles all over his desk. One could just look at his work space and it was such a stress buster. This inspired me to have some greenery at my desk too and I asked him to get a shoot for me. After few days he got this shoot in a gorgeous wine bottle which looked quite okay and I placed it right in front of my eyes. The plant did well for some days but eventually started loosing its health and was almost on the verge of dying. I thought I couldn't do anything about it because let's admit, you cant get bright sunlight in an office space. But I had to do something to save it and so I began hunting for a spot which could help the plant survive for at least some days. Finally I got a place near the huge glass window which would ensure the plant some sunlight during the day time, but then again the sunlight was not directly hitting the spot and I was really doubtful whether this would help.

Some days passed by and the plant was still dry and dull. Eventually I forgot about it as work grabbed all of my attention.

One fine day (I don't know after how many days) the same plant grabbed my attention as miraculously it underwent a makeover and was looking so healthy. It had lustrous fresh leaves all over with long roots and it grew longer than some of the plants at my colleague's desk. What a fighter!

I am sure you are wondering why am I talking about a random plant and what have you got to do with it. Well, I am sharing this little story about the brave heart money plant so that you takeaway a very important lesson of life, that is, perseverance from it. As I told you the plant was almost on the verge of dying when I placed it at the new spot which didn't have right amount of sunlight too for survival. This is how exactly some of you are feeling right now, wanting to bloom and blossom but at the same time not sure about the opportunities available at hand. Let's go back to the plant, the plant too didn't have enough sunlight but it struggled and survived in the given situation and it did well looking so beautiful at the end. In the same way, no matter where you are right now, I want you to find opportunities for growth that will help you make a better professional. I want you to persevere and continue in the course of action even in the face of difficulty and with no sign of success because you never know when you would find new roots and lustrous leaves.

I also want you to watch this video about Master Blaster's Perseverance over 22 years. 

Wish you a great time ahead.

Lots of Love, BSR.